LIVE EVENT: Asthmahub- Staying well in winter
Monday 12th December 2022
This event has already been.
About this event
NHS Wales is holding an event to provide support and guidance for patients or carers of patients with asthma on how you can take steps to stay well this winter
This free, interactive event focuses on how patients or carers of patients with asthma can feel informed and in control of their asthma to help them stay well in winter. Find out more about what you can do to help keep your condition well-controlled through the winter by watching this exclusive event.
The event is free to join and will be hosted on Microsoft Teams, with the link to join sent out on the morning of the event. No Microsoft Teams account is needed, you can join as a guest. The event will be recorded, and a video made available on the Healthhub website for those unable to attend the event live. Please note: If you are intending to watch the event from a mobile device, you will need to ensure that you have the Microsoft Teams Mobile app installed on your device, as Microsoft Teams Live events are not supported via mobile web browsers.
What will be covered in the event?
- Challenges faced during winter when managing your asthma
- Remembering the role of each inhaler and getting the best out of your inhalers
- Keeping up a good routine with your inhalers
- The importance of staying active during winter
- How to spot a deterioration in your symptoms early
- Q&A Session
The panel includes:
- Dr Katie Pink – Respiratory Consultant & National Asthma Clinical Lead
- Carys Howell – Clinical Pharmacist
- Emma Merrett – Asthma Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Charlotte Pritchard – Cluster Pharmacist