Healthhub App Frequently Asked Questions
Browse the topics below to find what you are looking for.
The information and advice on the apps are put together by specialists within the NHS, so it is as accurate as possible. However, the apps are there to support you, and not to act specifically as a medical tool. The content within the Apps are provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should solely rely. Always seek advice from your healthcare practitioner
The apps do not account for any other condition that you may have. You must always consider this before taking any action based on the advice given in the app. The app is not a medical tool, and you should always consult your medical provider for the most up to date information based on your individual condition.
Currently, one log in gives access to one profile.
Under Settings you can change your profile information, this includes doctors surgery, height, weight, password etc. This will then update your profile.
In the event that you forget your password, please click on the ‘forgot password’ button on the log in page. This will send you an email to reset your password
– For feedback, complaints or technical support please email email@example.com. For feedback for other users, please leave your feedback on the app store, this will be monitored regularly.
– Now and again we may send out a survey to the email that you signed up with, this will also be used for feedback purposes.
For technical support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively use the “contact us’ page listed at the top of this website. For any clinical advice please always contact your healthcare provider.
If you would like to have the option to log into a Healthhub app on another device or in the future, simply delete the app from your device.
To permanently delete your account from the apps, please go to the settings on the app, and click ‘Delete Account’
Yes. Our apps are a Class I medical device and is compliant with the applicable MHRA MDR standards. Class I devices are the lowest risk medical devices as they do not come into contact with human skin, nor do they modify any biological composition. They are non-measuring Class I devices as the apps do not measure any physiological parameter, only storing data measured using another device and displaying trends of these parameters.
Important information about how we manage your data
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes address, collection address, email address, telephone numbers.
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), time zone setting.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, preferences (such as the education that you are interested in viewing), feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes details of your use of our App or your visits to any of our sites and the resources that you access.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We will also collect, store and use the following more sensitive types of personal information:
Information about your health (collectively referred to as Health Data), including:
- your weight and height;
- details about your medical condition and how this affects you (i.e. the type of wheeze associated with your asthma and triggers that make you wheeze);
- the type of spacer that you use;
- test measurements;
- your prescribed medication;
- the severity of your symptoms when you feel unwell;
- information you provide when you complete health surveys and questionnaires via the App;
- any health services you may have/ have not received;
- any other relevant treatments or therapies that you have received.
We will collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. We will also collect your personal data when you respond to questionnaires, when visiting a healthcare professional.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will have access to all of the Health Data that you add to the app. This enables us to address any technical or data entry problems, should they arise.
Third parties are:
- Internal Third Parties
Other companies in the group acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based in the UK and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
- External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
Software/developer providers to support app functionality.
- Information storage providers (AWS).
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available upon request from us by contacting us.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you would also like to see the Terms & Conditions they can be found here: https://healthhub.wales/mobile-application-end-user-licence-agreement/