Healthhub App Frequently Asked Questions
Browse the topics below to find what you are looking for.
The information and advice on the apps are put together by specialists within the NHS, so it is as accurate as possible. However, the apps are there to support you, and not to act specifically as a medical tool. The content within the Apps are provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should solely rely. Always seek advice from your healthcare practitioner
Yes, all of the Healthhub apps are registered with the MHRA as Class I Self-reporting/ monitoring software (Ref no. 9213). Class I devices are the lowest risk medical devices as they do not come into contact with human skin, nor do they modify any biological composition. They are non-measuring Class I devices as the apps do not measure any physiological parameter, only storing data measured using another device and displaying trends of these parameters.
The apps do not account for any other condition that you may have. You must always consider this before taking any action based on the advice given in the app. The app is not a medical tool, and you should always consult your medical provider for the most up to date information based on your individual condition.
Currently, one log in gives access to one profile.
Under Settings you can change your profile information, this includes doctors surgery, height, weight, password etc. This will then update your profile.
In the event that you forget your password, please click on the ‘forgot password’ button on the log in page. This will send you an email to reset your password
– For feedback, complaints or technical support please email email@example.com. For feedback for other users, please leave your feedback on the app store, this will be monitored regularly.
– Now and again we may send out a survey to the email that you signed up with, this will also be used for feedback purposes.
For technical support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively use the “contact us’ page listed at the top of this website. For any clinical advice please always contact your healthcare provider.
If you would like to have the option to log into a Healthhub app on another device or in the future, simply delete the app from your device.
If using Asthmahub, Asthmahub for Parents or COPDhub please contact
email@example.com to permanently delete your account.
To permanently delete your account from the COVID recovery app, please go to the settings on the app, and click ‘Delete Account’.
Important information about how we manage your data
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data e.g. name and date of birth
- Contact Data
- Device Data
- Profile data e.g. username & password
- App usage data
- Marketing Preferences data
- Location Data
We will also collect more sensitive Health Data that you have put into the app such as your height and weight, medical conditions, symptoms and medications.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We will collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Location Data. We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling Location Data in your settings.
We will only process special categories of personal information (such as your Health Data) when we have your explicit consent to do so. The situations in which we will process your health data are listed below:
We will aggregate your Health Data for research purposes. In this situation, although the data is derived from your health data it will not be considered as personal data in law as it will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We will have access to all of the Health Data that you add to the app. This enables us to address any technical or data entry problems, should they arise.
Third parties are:
- Internal Third Parties
- Other companies in the group acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based in the UK and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
- External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Software/developer providers to support app functionality.
- Information storage providers (AWS).
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available upon request from us by contacting us.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you would also like to see the Terms & Conditions they can be found here: https://healthhub.wales/mobile-application-end-user-licence-agreement/