Friday 16th December 2022
LIVE EVENT: COPDhub – Staying well in winter
Virtual Online Event
This event has already been.
About this event
NHS Wales is holding an event to provide support and guidance for patients or carers of patients with COPD on how you can take steps to stay well this winter
This free, interactive event focuses on how patients or carers of patients with COPD can feel informed and in control of their condition to help them stay well in winter. Find out more about what you can do to help keep your condition well-controlled through the winter by watching this exclusive event.The event is free to join and will be hosted on Microsoft Teams, with the link to join sent out on the morning of the event. No Microsoft Teams account is needed, you can join as a guest. The event will be recorded, and a video made available on the Healthhub website for those unable to attend the event live. Please note: If you are intending to watch the event from a mobile device, you will need to ensure that you have the Microsoft Teams Mobile app installed on your device, as Microsoft Teams Live events are not supported via mobile web browsers.
What will be covered in the event?
- Why is COPD more difficult to manage in winter?
- Top tips for preparing for winter
- The importance of staying active during winter
- How to spot a deterioration in your symptoms early
- Q&A Session
The panel includes:
- Dr Ramsey Sabit – Respiratory Consultant & National COPD Clinical Lead
- Dr Simon Barry – Respiratory Consultant, National Respiratory Clinical Lead
- Lorna Phillips – Respiratory Specialist Clinical Pharmacist
- Sharon Nutting – Respiratory Nurse Specialist