Friday 4th February 2022
Understanding your child’s asthma
Virtual Online Event
This event has already been.
About this event
NHS Wales is holding an event to provide support and guidance to parents or carers of children with asthma
This free, interactive event focuses on how parents or carers of children with asthma can feel informed and in control of their child’s asthma.
Find out more about your child’s condition, and what you can do to ensure their condition does not affect their daily lives, by watching this exclusive event.
The event is free to join and will be hosted on Microsoft Teams. No Microsoft Teams account is needed, you can join as a guest. The event will be recorded, and a video made available on the Healthhub website for those unable to attend the event live. Please note: If you are intending to watch the event from a mobile device, you will need to ensure that you have the Microsoft Teams Mobile app installed on your device, as Microsoft Teams Live events are not supported via mobile web browsers.
- What is asthma?
- What triggers your child’s asthma?
- What are the typical symptoms of asthma, and why do my child’s symptoms come and go?
- How is asthma diagnosed in children?
- How to learn to live with asthma
- Q&A Session
- Dr Julian Forton – National Paediatric Clinical Lead
- Dave Edwards – Respiratory Pharmacist, Independent Prescriber
- Cerys Attwell-Thomas – Specialist Paediatric Asthma Nurse